2.11.2007

disaster! --- Oh Thank God!

So, I bought a cheapy mp3 player. Really cheap. Walgreens brand cheap.
Yesterday, I loaded it into my files.
It's extremely flawed uninstaller proceeded to delete all my files.
I cried so hard I puked. 4+ years worth of files (family pictures and things I made being the most upsetting to lose. Music I can replace, I still have the list of songs.), and only some were backed up (I know, I did a dumb thing.)

Today, I made it it's own file, away from important things, and tried again.
And ran some programs I had stored in my back up file...
One had made a back up of all my image files.
Now I'm so happy and relieved I almost cried.

I lost a couple things, and I'll miss the few pics I lost... but mainly, all I have to replace is my music.

I'm off to dig up 30+ hours of music now, if you'll excuse me... ;)

(the pain in the ass... an mp3 player that deletes all my music.)



OH! I promised to tell you about my new icon.
It's pretty straight forward... I got arrested. :D
I never got a letter notifying me about some crappy court date for something rather lame, so I never showed up to the court date. As I'm sure most of you are aware... that's illegal.
So a warrent goes out, etc, nothing happens.
Until I get pulled over for my car inspection being out and they run my license.
My parents aren't amused.
I only made it as far as the room where they take your prints and info, not even to a holding cell before Dad came and bailed me out.
I've got pics of the marks from the handcuffs though (taken 2 hours later P )
I just feel like I didn't really need to be handcuffed... Or made to stand around in my jeans, tshirt, and socks in a cold area. Blah.

As an added bonus... my car insurance had expired the week before.

AND less than a month later... I get pulled over for running a stop sign. Which I didn't do, and I'm pretty sure the fucking state trooper handled the stop in an improper, possible illegal way... so I get to fight that one. Woo...more court dates... blah



(for anyone wondering why arrested=smiley... I've have this strange fascination with doing things I'm not supposed to. Getting kicked out, harrassing customers at an intellectual level they can't keep up with, driving with a 3 month out of date car inspection sticker, getting arrested....)

10 comments:

Morning Star said...

hmm. installin' da cheapy MP3 playa soundz ditzy. liek, somethin' a IInd decan gemini wud do :]
[reali-askin'-fer-it]

im sorry u puked
*silli gurl*
if, someone wuz there he woulda ruffled up yer nicely-done hair, jast2makeyafeelbetter....

Morning Star said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morning Star said...

apparently the law thinks it prudent to handcuff someone who was arrested in conjunction with a non-violent crime simply cuz she failed to show up for jury hearing.

whatever happened to benefit of the doubt? or common sense, for that matter...

why, i rarely have much faith in it. at least yer dad came before u went into the slammer

..think 'bout it. by, the time ya came out the other *guilty, im sure* inmates would be chanting lines from EM SEE AR!!!!!
heh.

tis called

rebelw/outacause.
[shakes head in mild dis-approval]

oooohhhh check this out;
mebbe, u cud get employ az court officer then proceed to claim judge-hood *however in the nine worlds thats accomplished*

u wud bee-come Judge Gray!!
*from the Hallmark channel*
[so, so tic-lish]

does muah need 2 start runnin yet..

Morning Star said...

how d'ya read deleted comments?
me havent figured it out yet..

Anonymous said...

l>t, I'm gonna tell you what I tell everyone... don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure I've got it under control... I mean, I got nothing on the thing I actually did (well over a year ago, old news, didn't even get arrested), and now I get arrested for a mail error? I can fix this.

Sol (change your name all you want, I'm gonna keep calling you that) - (Teasing starts here) don't make me kick your ass. Yep, I made a major computer mistake. Do you even know how to load an mp3 player into a specific file? ;)

I get my deleted comments because I have it set to email me all my comments.

And it's my blog, I don't have to sign in if I don't want to (ie - lazy day!)

Morning Star said...

:roars w/laughter:

know whats funny tho?
ah wont stop ya.

truth be told, no :]
**why WOULD a blade-wieldin', mantra-chantin' character be familiar w/da idiosyncrasies of technology anywayz**

aaaahhhhh....

:bitey-lippe: yep, ur a laz-
*wonders if he will be cut off mid-worde by HARD tackle*

concerned citizen said...

I have to call him sol too. It's a habit I can't break.

I'm glad you are beating the "Rap". Don't let them fuck w/you!

Morning Star said...

um, galz..Sol is only half of who i really am

admittedly, the more humane albeit weaker one

me chose this name cuz it sort-of, amalgamates the halves together in a mishmash 'they' can live with

liek, putting on a mask where i know which role 2play

[swallowz] yeah sound like an MPD soemtimes

oh darn it [laughs]

Melissa said...

barfing sucks! I have had much more than mu share of that over the past several months. Getting arrested for something stupid sucks too... (been there, done that) and getting treated like you took an axe to someone because your postman is a dipstick blows more!!!! OH well, at least you get to make customers feel stupid daily. :) That is a happy thing :)!

Morning Star said...

OY!!

how iz da MCR ticket-ing coming along????