4.20.2006

Baby Squirrel

So... where have I been the last few days? Taking care of a baby squirrel! My friend held her so I could take pics...

Drinking from a bottle...


All stretched out...


She's going to have to go to the Wildlife Rehabilitation people, probably tomorrow, but we love her, so I wanted to show everyone.
We confiscated her from someone who didn't know how to take care of her (Most likely he caused the deaths of her brothers and sisters, he found them after he cut down their tree), and she's getting better really fast.I just hope she keeps getting better.

More animal news (this stuff really keeps me busy): one of my rats ( a friend's actually, but our rats live together, because rats are social animals, and I'm the one who takes care of them) had to go to the vet to get her tooth trimmed. Rat's teeth grow constantly, and they chew on things to wear them down, but sometimes they over grow. One of her teeth did that, and since her nose is crooked (she fell on her face as a baby), it was growing into her lip... but she wouldn't let me fix it (I fix the hamsters teeth myself). After the vet fixed it, he came out to ask us some questions about her... mostly, what happened to her teeth?! Apparently, she's missing one, and they all go at strange angles. No wonder she's such a grumpy rat.


hmmm, bright doll today:
elouai's doll maker 3

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh baby squirrel how cute :) I love squirrels

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk
savin' da world again, are we?? ;)

yep, hes cute alright..but mefinds his tail rather short. bud-grafting perhaps? j/k

mmmm..me never fed a pet with a bottle before.

yer freind has pretty hands, btw.
like mine! ::laugh::

so..will yer hamster grow back her tooth? me didnt know ya doubled up as a dentist ;)

Starry Lady said...

Her tail will puff up when she get's bigger :P

I don't think her tooth will grow back... but she's managed just fine so far. She's got another appointment soon, so that the vet can make sure everything is going well.

Anonymous said...

aww man..bud-grafting wud have been kewl!

what does she eat, anyway?
i know bout rats' teeth..they can bite through steel eventually, right??